Thursday, April 25, 2013

Installed postfix, but no qshape? (CC)


Here’s a simple one…
I installed a new FC12, and postfix, using “yum install postfix”. Afterward, after configuring main.cf, postfix ran fine through our simple testing, so I put it in service on a limited basis. However, once we started using it, qshape failed, with an error indicating it was not found.
It took me a couple of hours of my poor google skills to find the answer, so hopefully, if you find yourself in the same pickle, you can use this and it will help you.
First, separately install all the perl packages with this command:
“yum groupinstall perl development”  once you have that all done, (and here’s the magic) run:
“yum install postfix-perl-scripts”.
I know, qshape is *supposed* to be installed with postfix.  Only it wasn’t. and it took me all morning to figure out how to get it in there….
…..It worked for me.

No comments: